The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
By interacting with us, you consent to this policy.
2. The Website
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all French national laws and requirements for user privacy.
3. Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletter, including your name and email address;
- Information that you post in a public space, on our social media pages or on our website;
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and any other personal information that you choose to send to us;
- Personal information that third parties may provide us, including our business partners and/or social media platforms;
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
4. Using personal information
Personal information information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
5. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- In the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. International data transfer
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information we collect may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
7. Retaining information
This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
8. Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alterations of your personal information.
We will store the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
This website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third-parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
- Recognize new or past users;
- Improve our website;
- Collect information about your browsing history;
- Better understand the interests of our users and web site visitors.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the user with a tailored experience within the website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website to their computer hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. Please check this page for updates.
This website includes GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com